Law Offices of Robert W. Bilbrey

Our Services


Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution technique.  It is an alternative to having a trial.  If you are currently going through a court case, or are considering filing for divorce, paternity or modification of a prior order, you should consider mediation first.  Mediation can help frame all of the issues between the parties, help them craft solutions to their issues that are more creative than a judge could ever provide, and can help defray much of the time, cost and bad blood that going through court can result in.  I have a good track record of helping people resolve their issues much more amicably then they could ever hope to achieve through court.


There are times when parents are unable to, for a myriad of reasons, to effectively provide for or take care of their children.  They often turn to family members for help in these situations.  However, without proper authority provided by a court, those family members may have difficulty in enrolling the children in school, signing the children up for health insurance, directing health decisions, or a number of other things that arise when trying to provide for children.  These situations will usually require that a guardianship be put in place for the children.  I can help you work your way through these situations.


Once a court order has been issued regarding child custody, child support or spousal support, it may be modified at any time in the future, provided there has been a change in circumstances or where the best interest of the child would warrant such a change.  Knowing when a modification may be available, and what the client can expect from such a modification, is important to know up front.  I will give you an honest evaluation of your situation and help you through the process if the circumstances require a modification of your prior order.


Paternity, in the legal sense, applies to any child custody case where the parents were not married when the child was born.  It can involve testing to establish who the child's father is, but even if that is not in question, the court case is still termed a paternity matter.  All of the same issues of custody that are present in a divorce are at issue in a paternity case.  Therefore, anyone with such a case is well advised to have experienced, competent representation helping them every step of the way.


Going through a divorce is one of the most traumatic events in a person's life.  Custody of children, division of property, child support, spousal support, retirement-the list of items at stake in a divorce truly affects every aspect of a persons life.  Having representation that understands the law, understands the impact on the person, and understands how to effectively address the issues is paramount.  Let our office serve you in these respects.



Property owners sometimes find themselves in situations where they need to have tenants removed from their property, for reasons from breaches of the lease to non payment of rent.  Knowing when to file suit and how to proceed once the suit is filed and judgment is secured is full of pitfalls to the property owner.  I have significant experience in helping landlords navigate through these minefields.

General Legal Services


Unfortunately, people sometimes find themselves being wronged by others that forces them to consider having to file suit.  Other times, good people find themselves being accused of wronging someone else.  In these situations, finding competent legal representation is important.  Please contact me with your situation so that I can help you with your problems.